Thursday, September 21, 2006


the sixth issue of Tim Atkins' always excellent
onedit is up including work by Clark Coolidge, Sean Bonney, Tom Raworth, a translation of Queneau, etc, and "Edith & Enid", a golden oldie from Deanna Ferguson...



...Son, what boils your potatoes?

Butter out of reach, the aging out?

My feet, to his father said the boy

All long with burls and baked arches

My footprints back off where my too-close together eyes peruse

Light into wind, flight into dream

But my dogged, dog-eared, dog-goned hush puppies are dense out of fear

All alters raise shades to polyodorous fearfully

Father then loads up the old revolver

Bade us the recommensurate sea, reaches once more for it

Now, as I recall, he foretold our lot

A lot of pussy-piled cheats who feast on beer

"O curb, body, avert the curse. Alternate between hollowed-out and torn."

Enough weeping, long sobbed songs lobbed in vain...