Friday, November 10, 2006


key to election results I think was Bush's alienation of Hank Hill Democrats...(who people like Halperin thought Rove had sewn up in a neat little package)



"Q--King of the Hill has crossed over into politics–the governor of North Carolina talks about reaching out to King of the Hill Democrats--

A--I think it's kind of cool. I didn't exactly know what it meant at first. But then I could see–Hank's not hip, he works a regular job, lives in the middle of the country, and we don't make fun of him. The show is on his side. And in a weird way, that feels like a kind of rebellious thing to do in Hollywood these days. Usually if you have the guy who's the propane salesman, he's the butt of the joke. We take this regular, unhip person and treat him with dignity. So I'm not surprised someone would say that's the kind of person we have to try to appeal to. Because it's almost like a silent majority again..."