Wednesday, October 08, 2008



Silliman's Blog jumps the shark over harmless, funny online poetry spoof--

"I might note that the last time I felt ripped off by an on-line stunt, I sued – as a lead plaintiff in a class-action case brought by the National Writers Union. And while I can’t discuss the suit, as a condition of the subsequent settlement, I will note that we could have gotten a pretty good major league middle infielder for the final amount. Play with other people’s reps at your own risk..."

"Q. This is so liberating! Isn't it liberating?

A. No, Steve, it's forgery, a crime....

Q. Yeah, Ron, this is a crime. Like smoking pot. Or "sodomy."

A. "No, Nada, not like pot or sodomy in that in 30 years that text is likely to turn up on MY record. This is not some victimless prank. It's a world class Stupid Artist's Trick..."