Sunday, May 14, 2006


guitar-slinger Tom Verlaine interviewed--


"There are so many recordings from the 1920s or '40s or '50s that are still really great and available, so whether a record was made in '77 or '89 doesn't matter to me," he says. "My perspective on [Marquee Moon] is that maybe somebody in 2030 will be able to find it and go, "This is a pretty interesting record," and they won't care about the New York scene or the punk scene, it'll just be a piece of music they listen to and like. I remember finding a Louis Armstrong record made in 1927, and I was just really amazed by it. So to me, it's like when I put out a record, [the hope is] that 30 years from now when I'm dead, someone will listen to it and go, "That's kind of interesting, or that's kind of good--you know?"


Posted by Picasa